Who we are
Ontotext transforms the way enterprises identify meaning across diverse databases and unstructured data, by combining text mining and machine learning techniques with a semantic graph database.
We develop cutting-edge technology products and solutions. We deal with trends like cognitive computing, machine learning and natural language processing, NoSQL databases, to name a few.
Our challenge is to make these complex technologies easier to adopt and use at scale for old-school companies such as BBC, Financial Times and the Institute of Engineering and Technology.
We are looking for
Java Developer to help us design and develop modules for customized semantic annotation and search solutions using Java.
You will be part of our Semantic Analytics Solutions Business unit. This is the client-facing team, responsible for various solution projects, that deal with content categorization, semantic tagging, semantic search and content recommendation.
- Develop new features and APIs and will extend, improve and support existing components
- Participate in design sessions with the architects to understand requirements, build and implement solutions
- Cover your code with unit and functional tests, fix bugs and write useful documentation (we cherish quality, obviously)
- Do code reviews and have your code reviewed
- Do data transformations
- If you want, you can also learn how to squeeze semantics from data.
- 1+ years experience in Java//C#/C++
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, or related field
- Good understanding of OOP, fundamental algorithms, design patterns and data structures
- Practical experience with at least one scripting language
- Interest to learn new technologies
- Experience with build & release tools (Maven) and Continuous Integration tools such as (Jenkins)
- Understanding of and practical experience with multi-threaded programming concepts and concurrency problems
- Experience with version control tools (Git)
- Experience with common command line tools in Linux
- Good command of English