You are a hands-on contributor and experienced Java Quality Engineer, joining our talented engineering team responsible for the Linux Java based components that support and extend the capabilities of the Syncplicity SaaS portfolio.
You will be responsible for all aspects of functional, performance, migration and deployment testing of our Java micro-services, on-premises connectors and apps. Automation is your passion, though you don’t mind doing manual testing where needed. Finding new ways to break our product is a hobby. You enjoy collaborating with developers, operations engineers, product managers and DevOps to deliver on-time, high-quality products and features. Our team believes in robust design principles, automated testing and deployment, clearly defined scope that solves a business problem, enterprise quality and rapid, iterative development.
- In-depth experience with JUnit or TestNG, Gatling or Jmeter, mocking components and Jenkins.
- Commercial experience with Java 8 development and testing of an enterprise-grade SaaS and on-prem product of 30K+ lines of code.
- Demonstrable understanding of Linux, networking and security.
- Experience creating comprehensive functional and non-functional test plans, and developing and executing automated and manual test cases.
- Practical knowledge of provisioning and setup of test infrastructure in VMware ESX and AWS.
- Working understanding of Agile and TDD.
- Proficient verbal and written English communication.
- Bachelor degree or higher in CS, EE or related field of study
- 6+ years commercial software development in Java/Linux