Who we are
Ontotext transforms the way enterprises identify meaning across diverse databases and unstructured data, by combining text mining and machine learning techniques with a semantic graph database.
We develop cutting-edge technology products and solutions. We deal with trends like cognitive computing, machine learning and natural language processing, noSQL databases, to name a few.
Our challenge is to make these complex technologies easier to adopt and use at scale for old-school companies such as BBC, Financial Times and the Institute of Engineering and Technology.
We are looking for
Hands-on Lead developer to take responsibility for the implementation of semantic solution projects.
You will be part of our Semantic Analytics Solutions Business unit. This is the client-facing team of the company and is responsible for various solution projects, which deal with content categorization, semantic tagging, semantic search and content recommendation.
You will be expected to:
- Have a better understanding of the end-to-end software development processes than the average developer (specification, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, logging)
- Develop new features and APIs, as well as extend, improve and support existing components
- Participate in design sessions with the architects, validate the design from implementation perspective, understand requirements and be able to clarify them to the rest of the team
- Test your own code (and be a good example to the rest of the developer team)
- Do code reviews and have your code reviewed
- Help define the scope of new projects and estimate the effort required
- Be able to communicate with technical staff on the client side, troubleshoot issues, create bug reports
- Keep the implementation consistent, provide guidance to less experienced team members
- Be able to mentor a junior team member
- 3+ years development experience in an object oriented language (Java/C#/C++)
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Technologies, or related field
- Strong understanding of OOP, algorithms, design patterns and data structures
- Practical experience with at least one scripting language
- Experience with build & release tools (Maven) and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins)
- Understanding of and practical experience with multi-threaded programming concepts and concurrency problems
- Experience with version control tools (Git)
- Experience with common command line tools in Linux
- Very good command of English
- Strong communication skills (bonus points for punctuality)
- Organized and diligent person