For the past 2 years DHL’s Competence center in Sofia has been developing and maintaining a comprehensive transport management system (TMS) with a successful rollout. The project is related to the biggest business transformation in DHL.
As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to participate in the change of DHL’s logistics business. You will develop Java Enterprise solutions with large bandwidth (data processing and data transfer), data reliability, data security, EDI integration and the full lifecycle of a supply chain system.
For our growing R & D team in Sofia, we are looking to onboard more Senior Java Developers.
As part of our team, you will be able to develop applications with the necessary functionalities to operate without incidents in a large data environment.
System requirements specifications are taken directly from key users of the product in its development to ensure that the solution meets the needs of the particular department.
- Develop applications that work with large amounts of data and meet the company’s needs and requirements
- Participate and contribute to each stage of the development process
- Develop quality, easily verifiable and efficient code
- Prepare and implement software components
The position requires:
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in software development with Java EE (in the access and data management part)
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies will be considered as an advantage
- Object-oriented analysis and design by using common patterns for software design
- Solid knowledge in Java SE, JEE, Class-loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases. Fluency in SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with Oracle databases
- Experience in development of web applications through the use of at least one widespread web framework such as: JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC
- Experience in Test-driven development
- Good command of Regular Expressions
- Communication protocol client and server implementations in Java: HTTP(s), FTP, SFTP, SMTP.
- Remoting: JMX, Spring RESTful, SOAP
- Experience in setting up and scripting Maven, Ant, Git, etc.
- Understanding of OOP, Functional, Dynamic and Low-latency programming, Multithreading.
- Application Server setup and tuning: JBOSS, Glassfish, etc.
Key performance metrics:
- Timely delivery of the developed solutions
- Excellent documentation
- Providing optimal solutions and appropriate implementation of the software
- Satisfaction of key end-users
We will be happy to meet with competent Senior Java developers interested in the project to discuss what added value the project would have for them.