We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
In 2018, for a fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
We’re currently looking for a Senior C/C++ Developer to join our Address Data Quality Team.
The Address Data Quality team drive the direction of, and deliver enhancements to our real time and bulk address capture solutions (https://www.edq.com/products/address-verification/ ). As a member of our agile team you’ll play a key part in shaping the future of our address data quality capabilities, react to the ever changing needs of our users and constantly look for ways to work and deliver more effectively. Additionally, Senior Developers have the opportunity to influence the technical direction of the department.
• Willingness to learn and deliver a variety of solutions in a range of programming languages – primarily C and C++ with C#
• Takes ownership of all aspects of delivery to create products that customers love
• Explore new approaches and develop innovative solutions to customer needs
• Demonstrate pride in the quality of your work through quality and testability of code, automation improvements and usability
• Build a good understanding of the team’s products and of user stories on the product backlog to enable effective participation in backlog grooming and sprint planning
• Contribute to the continued evolution of a self-organising, cross-functional team in which all team members collaboratively deliver the highest priority enhancements
• Work with other team members to prepare for and deliver feature demos and showcase to internal clients and customers
• Actively seek to understand customers’ needs through regular direct contact with customers and networking with members of customer-facing parts of the business
• Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers
The successful candidate will have:
• Graduate caliber or equivalent qualifications or expeience.
• Proven C and/or C++ programming experience
• Must be a programming enthusiast and enjoy working in a friendly, fast-paced team environment.
• Flexible and adaptable to learn and understand new technologies
• Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with an enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly
Any of the following abilities and skills will be considered an advantage:
• Knowledge and appreciation of agile development methodologies and techniques
• Experience with developing for Unix platforms
• Strong understanding of testing techniques, automated testing and the value of a test-first approach to deliver a high quality solution that meets client needs
• Experience using source control (TFS)
• Exposure to CMAKE
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office