We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft.
In 2018, for the fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
• Support and guide the team in defining product quality vision and objectives
• Define, document and maintain the overall product test approach
• Explore new approaches and introduce innovative techniques to drive product quality improvements
• Support the team in defining appropriate and testable acceptance criteria
• Define functional and non-functional tests, together with associated test data
• Write automated tests and supporting frameworks
• Carry out exploratory testing
• Execute tests in line with sprint plans and regularly communicate results back to the team
• Collaborate with team members to identify, analyse and remove product defects as early as possible
• Ensure all planned testing is complete and the product meets agreed acceptance criteria
• Ensure the team adhere to agreed standards and processes, including the definition of done
• Contribute to the continued evolution of a self-organizing, cross-functional team in which all team members collaboratively deliver the highest priority enhancements
• Of graduate caliber or equivalent qualifications or experience.
• Proven software engineering background and more than five years of experience in a software QA or testing role
• Experience of defining and implementing test strategies
• Experience of leading and mentoring other testers
• Flexible and adaptable to learn and understand new technologies
• Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with an enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly
• A strong desire to deliver high quality software
Any of the following abilities and skills will be considered an advantage:
• Strong understanding of testing techniques, automated testing and the value of a test-first approach to deliver a high- quality solution that meets client needs
• Knowledge and appreciation of agile development methodologies and techniques
• C# .NET programming experience
• Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
• Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
• Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
• Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
• Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office