We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2018, for the fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 38 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
The UI Developer will create an experience that makes sure our online activities are easy to navigate, intuitive and flow seamlessly, working closely with the wider IT team to develop server-side technologies. The successful candidate will have experience delivering UI Development across digital projects and will have the skills and breadth of knowledge to hit the ground running. The ideal candidates will work as part of a cross-functional team to design and build production ready user interfaces that use best practice techniques.
• Build highly interactive user interface and data visualization that look/feel great, and are intuitive for end users
• Work with product managers, business analysts and design teams to ensure the best possible UI/UX design and alignment with Experian UX design guidelines
• Develop, test and iterate UI/UX designs
• Collaborate with distributed teams to ensure implemented user interface is compatible with our product APIs
• Provide guidelines for good UI architecture and design, performing code reviews to ensure standards are understood and being followed
• Creating and maintaining a library of common UI (User Interface) modules components & tools
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience with browser compatibility issues, client-side performance considerations and solutions
• Ability to run automated tasks using Gulp or similar (e.g. Grunt)
• Experience writing automated front-end tests
• Familiarity with server-side frameworks
• Good understanding and ability to work in an agile team environment (SCRUM)
• Ability to develop effective working partnerships within a distributed team
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal (fluency in English essential)
Skills considered as advantage:
• Experience with LESS or similar CSS pre-processor
• Experience with RESTful services
• Familiarity with implementing web accessibility requirements
• Knowledge and experience with OOP, C#, database development, test driven development
• Experience with source code repository systems like GIT, Bitbucket etc
• Experience with Windows forms development and N-tier solutions
• Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
• Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
• Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, transportation card, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
• Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
• Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office