What you’ll experience in this opportunity
We are looking for a bright and experienced Data Engineer to join our team implementing our next generation data processing system components. In this challenging role you will analyse various structured and unstructured data sources, mine key information points and combine these into data feeds to our services. Your quality-orientated yet pragmatic mindset will help you to quickly build maintainable large-scale data integrations. Our team of top engineers and ever-growing number of international customers provide a unique opportunity to learn fast and gain practical experience in e-Commerce and complex data processing. Our training programs will help you improve your skills, extend your knowledge and build expertise to boost your career growth and development.
- Design, develop and test data processing system components and features
- Participate in code reviews with other team members
- Document components and features developed to aid others
- Create unit tests for test automation
- Analyse, understand and implement solutions based on technical requirements
- Provide support and maintenance
- Balance pragmatic solutions with best practice and delivery
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and engineering skills
- Hands-on, practical skills in dealing with large amounts of data
- Experience working with ETL tools (Pentaho Data Integration, Talend, IBM DataStage, Informatica PowerCenter or similar)
- Experience working with databases (Oracle, MySQL, IBM Db2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra or similar)
- Experience working with streaming data technologies (Amazon Kinesis, Google Cloud Pub/Sub, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Apache Spark or similar)
- Solid understanding of data integration concepts
QUALIFICATIONS CONSIDERED AN ADVANTAGE
- Experience in Machine Learning (Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, XGBoost or similar)
- Experience with Elasticsearch
- Experience working with cloud-based platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with Agile project management
- Interest in e-Commerce
- Self-thinking and having hands-on approach
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of English
- Self-starter with strong drive who mobilises people and gets things done
Attraqt powers exceptional shopping experiences for over 240 of the world’s leading retail brands.
Attraqt’s core product, Fredhopper Discovery Platform, drives relevant and inspiring ecommerce experiences through personalization, search, recommendations, internationalization and Merchandising SaaS solutions. Simple-to-use interfaces and efficient workflows enable Merchandisers to take full control and enhance the value of smart automation with their own strategic expertise and creativity.
Attraqt is headquartered in London, with offices in Sofia, Amsterdam, Chicago, Paris, Hamburg and Sydney. The company was founded in 2003 as Locayta Limited and rebranded in early 2014 as Attraqt. In 2017, the company acquired Fredhopper, an ecommerce pioneer founded in 2000.