FXCM is looking for Full Stack Web Developer to join our team. You will be working with a team of talented developers who work in WordPress every day including custom theme development, in-house plugin development, dashboard enhancements and more. FXCM hosts a variety of large-scale multi-language WordPress sites with complex, but refined infrastructures, visited by over 10 million visitors annually.
- Perform and test WordPress maintenance items by upgrading plugins and core files when needed
- Write documentation for any new features you develop
- Deploy changes from development to production servers
- Identify and report bugs or feature enhancements in JIRA
- Code review the work of other developers
- Advanced experience in custom PHP development
- Intermediate knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Experience building content management solutions as WordPress, Drupal, or Joomla
- Some experience working with PHP classes and a basic understanding of OOP
- Experience using the terminal to execute basic bash commands
- An understanding of version control systems such as Git, SVN, or Perforce
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with deploying and migrating sites to different environments
- Familiarity with concepts of caching and CDNs
- Strong communication skills with proficiency in verbal and written English
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
How To Apply
With your application, make sure to include the following:
– Links to your resume, portfolio or Linkedin profile.
– Submit any Git repository links, or zip files where we can review your code quality, code style and patterns. No email attachments.
– Provide 3 examples of work including an explanation of your contribution on each project.
– Explain the workflow of deploying a website to a production environment and your experience with this process.