Modis is a global leader in professional solutions for IT, Engineering and Life Sciences. The company connects the smartest people and brightest businesses to the opportunities they need to thrive.
With more than 13 years of experience in Bulgaria, we deliver IT Service Desk, Data Center and Network Services, End-User Device Support (Desktop & Mobile), Application Development and Support and BPO Solutions to more than 40 multinational companies.
The Backend PHP Developer is responsible for building, developing, and integrating web and mobile applications. The role will be completely hands-on, writing well-formatted code while working within preferred development methodologies, with at least 5 years of experience within all aspects of backend web development. The role may also have project management responsibilities within a small-sized development team.
Key Role Responsibilities & Duties:
• Act as project lead when required and work with clients to define scope, solutions, define requirements, develop an executable plan
• Lead and coordinate SCRUM meetings, estimations, and planning activities
• Produce high-quality software and be able to demonstrate debugging capabilities
• Work with colleagues to make sure all management and project deliverables are completed to schedule
• Be able to communicate development progress to senior management
• Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
• Independently communicate with both client technical teams and business owners as needed during the design and implementation
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• 5+ years of experience with all aspects of back end web development including PHP, MySQL, and RESTful APIs.
• Project management skills and experience working in an agile environment
• Practical experience with PHP and Object-Oriented PHP versions
• Experience with JVM server infrastructure
• Experience with Ktor framework for Kotlin
• Experience with AWS Elastic Beanstalk with Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS)
• Demonstrable experience writing, and debugging, queries in MySQL
• Practical understanding of content management systems
• Experience with MVC frameworks
• Experience with source control systems such as GIT
• Experience with SSH and Shell
• Knowledge and experience with HTML, CSS/SCSS, JS, vue.js, typescript, template mustache/ handlebars
• Strong sense of ownership and pride in the products you build
• Ability and willingness to dive into code written by others to figure things out
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
• Ability to be a positive influence on your colleagues
• Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
• Capable of composing technical documentation, reports, and diagrams.
• Value ownership and collaboration and are self-motivated, detail-oriented, problem solvers
• Experience with cloud technology.
You will get:
• Upskilling Training Programs
• Recognition awards
• Additional health coverage
• Special offers and discounts
• Food and Gift vouchers
• Sport cards
• Competitive remuneration package
• Performance-based bonuses
• Charity and sport initiatives
Sounds interesting? Connect with us, we are waiting for you.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.