HedgeServ is a hedge fund administration company that features a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of individual hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in New York, London, Boston, Cork, Dublin, Luxembourg, Sydney, Cayman, Krakow & Sofia.
A Developer at HedgeServ aids in the creation and maintenance of applications used by both internal and external clients. This includes partnering with other developers, testers, application support engineers, and infrastructure automation engineers to ensure a smooth development and operational pipeline. This role will focus on using Python and Angular as a member of one of our development teams.
The successful candidate will be a skilled engineer that knows how to execute and innovate in a modern and dynamic environment.
- Build and enhance our products by writing high quality code leveraging code reviews, pairing, and continuous delivery
- Collaborate with QA team members in the creation and maintenance of automated tests and enhancing testing tools
- Collaborate with Business Analyst team members to understand and address business needs
- Collaborate with Operations teams to ensure applications operate effectively and efficiently in production
- Collaborate within your team and across teams to understand and improve our technical practices
- 2+ years of TypeScript framework experience (e.g.: Angular, React, etc.)
- OOP language experience (Python preferred but other languages are fine)
- Working in teams who value unit and acceptance testing, particularly Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Adeptness with well factored unit tests, the mocking/stubbing of appropriate boundaries, and dependency injection
- Desire to work on both the UI and server-side components
- Experience supporting applications in production
- Experience with relational databases (preferably MS SQL)
- Experience with web sockets, HTML/CSS a plus
- Experience working with distributed systems a plus
- Familiarity with messaging middleware (SonicMQ, RabbitMQ, KAFKA, Tibco RV, etc.) a plus
- Financial experience a plus
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Flexibility in working hours
- Brand new office in the heart of Sofia