HedgeServ is a hedge fund administration company that features a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides a service solution for front office, risk, valuations, middle office, fund accounting and fund administration that is customized to the needs of individual hedge funds, fund of hedge funds, and private equity funds. HedgeServ is located in New York, London, Boston, Cork, Dublin, Luxembourg, Sydney, Cayman, Poland & Bulgaria.
The QA Engineer aids in the creation and maintenance of applications used by both internal and external clients. This includes the support, design and development of the existing test suite, as well as participation in company-wide QA discussions and plans on overall improvement efforts. This role helps to facilitate high quality feedback to the team using a combination of automated and manual testing, if necessary.
The successful candidate will be a skilled engineer that knows how to be a team player and has experience in testing web applications.
- Collaborate with the development team, providing current status, QA planning, test design, implementation and execution that supports the team’s portfolio of applications across HedgeServ business solutions
- Collaborate with the QAs, business analysts, and product owner to follow application functionality and participate in team planning activities
- Take a part daily in the investigation of failing tests, maintenance and reporting of regression tests
- Finding and reporting bugs
- Collaborate with QA members from other teams on testing strategies and tactical plans in areas that include: software testing, QA/testing tools management, performance and automation, as well as, support of release processes, application quality metrics, and reporting approaches
- Participate in retrospectives and continuous improvement efforts with team
- Proven experience in software testing – both manual and automated
- Solid UI or backend automation skills – Selenium, API, SQL
- Experience with one or more testing frameworks – Behave, pyTest, nUnit, TestNG, jUnit, etc.
- Solid programming experience preferably in Python, if not in any of the following – Java or other OOP language and willingness to switch to Python
- Scripting and simple tasks automation – Batch, Bash, PowerShell, etc.
- Experience with agile software development, alongside exposure to release and change management practices
- Commitment to on-going learning and self-improvement
- Solid understanding and experience with CI/CD
- Experience with source control and continuous integration tooling such as Git/Svn/Jira/Jenkins
- Excellent level of English language – both written and verbal
- Experience in financial services industry is a plus
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Enjoy a start-up like environment on the back of a well-established and profitable company
- Work in a culture that rewards results
- Be free to make many of your own decisions
- Flexibility in working hours
- Brand new office in the heart of Sofia