The mission of the IT Operations Support team and your responsibilities
The mission of the IT Operation Support team is to provide reliable and secure IT services to the company employees and customers. You will be responsible for the company databases located on-premise and in the cloud. The role is part of the Global IT organization of Milestone and you will work with teams in different locations.
- Deliver stable and secure operations of the company databases (production, staging, development and testing).
- Manage a large number of MS SQL databases.
- Keep Milestone data secure.
- Performance tuning and optimization of complex transactional SQL.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Participate in IT projects.
- Create and keep up to date systems documentation.
- On-call duties.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a DBA role.
- Experience in maintaining large, high-volume, high-availability production database clusters.
- Experience with database monitoring, debugging, performance tuning.
- Кnowledge and optimization of advanced transactional SQL, including stored procedures, triggers and user defined functions
- Knowledge of MS Active Directory.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other technical discipline is required (3 years of additional relevant experience. may be substituted for education).
- Fluent English (Milestone is an international company).
An advantage will be experience with any or all of the products:
- Azure or other cloud platforms
- Virtualization (Hyper-V or VMware)
- Windows OS
- Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Knowledge of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Knowledge of SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Team player with honest and open attitude. Ability to collaborate and cooperate with members of the team and members of global teams.
- Flexible, self-motivated and self-driven person with the ability to work under pressure in an international and culturally diverse organization.
- Keen interest in continual learning and professional development.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Understanding of 24×7 mission critical enterprise computing environments and the impact of service disruption on a company’s bottom line.
- Good communication skills and customer centric focus – ability to communicate clearly (verbally and in writing) in a timely manner with all Milestone colleagues
- Keen interest in continual learning and professional development
- Time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize assigned tasks, problems and requests.
- Do not accept status quo, always going the extra mile for both the team and Milestone.
Milestone Systems offers a work in a friendly environment with talented colleagues where best practices for developing long-term products as well as open communication, work-life balance, positive and open-minded attitude are strongly valued. On top of the attractive compensation package, our company provides 25 days paid vacation, a company sponsored medical program, а mobile phone plan, food vouchers, gym membership and а complimentary benefits card (including an option for parking slot) in addition to excellent opportunities for professional development and other small perks in the office.
If you have any questions for the position, please contact Margarita Maneva, Senior Manager IT Operations Support at email@example.com, or visit our website: www.milestonesys.com
Sounds like what you are good at and would like to do in the future? Please do not hesitate and apply by submitting your CV in English HERE
About Milestone Systems
Milestone Systems is a global industry leader in open platform IP video management software, founded in 1998 and now operating as a stand-alone company in the Canon Group. Milestone technology is easy to manage, reliable and proven in thousands of customer installations, providing flexible choices in network hardware and integrations with other systems. Sold through partners in more than 100 countries, Milestone solutions help organizations to manage risks, protect people and assets, optimize processes and reduce costs.
We call ourselves the open platform company. That stands for three things: open platform technology, an open business model and an open company culture. Our video management software (VMS) solutions are designed with an open architecture which allows for easy integration with other security and business systems. Yet open platform encompasses so much more. It also represents an open business model with an extensive technology and channel partner network, where everyone benefits from stronger innovation and value creation for our end-customers. Our open company culture is a foundation for how we collaborate internally and conduct business and share expertise and knowledge with partners and customers.
We are a fast growing company with big ambitions. The entrepreneurial spirit that founded the company can still be seen and felt, even though today we’re a global player in the surveillance industry. We’re headquartered just outside of Copenhagen, Denmark and we have offices in more than 20 countries. We offer a flexible work environment where our employees get to define their workday and have a great deal of influence over how they use their time. We work hard, set our ambitions high and celebrate our successes together. If you are change-willing, internationally-minded and interested in growing as a professional, you’ll fit in just fine. Be sure to follow us so you can be the first to know about job vacancies.