Transmetrics is a rapidly growing startup that is dramatically changing the cargo transport industry worldwide by predicting and optimizing capacity utilization. This is a huge industry – more than €5 trillion globally. At the same time, it is extremely inefficient – average capacity utilization is only 57%, and 1 in 5 trucks you see on the road is traveling empty!
To solve this problem, Transmetrics developed an AI-based predictive analytics SaaS that is designed specifically for the cargo transport industry. We use statistical algorithms, data mining, and machine learning techniques to create accurate shipping demand forecasts and to suggest the most optimal transport plan. Being the first company in the world to focus on predictive optimization for the cargo industry, Transmetrics is already working with the leading logistics companies worldwide.
We’re looking for a Project Manager, who will understand business problems of the customers. Logistics experience and business knowledge of the industry will be highly appreciated.
At Transmetrics you will get the chance to develop your knowledge about the logistics industry, but also about latest trends in artificial intelligence and software implementation. As you get more acquainted with the product, you will get to lead your own customer projects and ensure proper implementation within deadlines.
Your job will be to:
– Understand business problems of the customers
– Define project scope to match targeted business benefits, requirements and features
– Estimate the level of effort and milestones / delivery dates for projects and assign resources to projects to meet plans and estimations (who works on which project)
– Interact with customers, in the context of leading or supporting software implementations and project management
– Maintain visibility on project status, progress, issues and risks
– Ensure ongoing and timely communication with project customers
– Assure that projects are delivered on time / on scope / in budget; take corrective actions if needed
– Product quality assurance, focused on verifying the correctness of algorithms and data calculations during customer implementation projects
– Prepare and carry out user acceptance tests
– Participate in continual improvement of software performance
– Research and analyze external factors/data sources for forecasting; analyze data from transport companies
– Be responsible for improving the forecasting and optimization modules
– Create graphical reports and charts, based on our clients’ data and the results of our forecasting and optimization algorithms
– Prepare and present slides for workshops and customer meetings
– Work closely with the software development and research teams
– Be able to effectively present business insights and communicate with different teams within the company and with client’s stakeholders.
We expect you to have:
– Degree in a relevant major
Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Business, Logistics, Computer Science, or an equivalent professional experience
– Experience with ERP, SAP, Pipe drive, Jira, Trello, etc.
– Experience in Sales and Business communication
– Excellent analytical and communication skills
– Advanced knowledge of Excel
– Good research and observational skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask
– Fluency in English (verbal and written)
What we offer:
Work that Matters
You will be building a product that will dramatically optimize the cargo industry – this is our way of “changing the world for the better.”
On top of them, you get 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, an opportunity to work from home when needed, additional health insurance and a convenient office location in the center of Sofia.
Be challenged by technically complex problems in the fields of big data, predictive analytics and machine learning.
Learn from a strong international team of 30+ people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
Have fun along the way in a dynamic, creative, and friendly atmosphere without the burden of the office politics.
Advance your skills and develop yourself in a rapidly growing startup, which is already generating solid revenue and has first-class customers.