Holiday Extras Group is looking for top developers to join our team. Developers at Holiday Extras are always trying to push the boundaries and are challenged to use new tech to deliver amazing and market leading results.
Built on a micro services architecture, our API oriented Node.js® platform will be your primary focus helping deliver data and content to our many e-commerce websites using React.js and Redux.js. We build many of our tools in-house but also love open source so as well as taking much from the community you’ll find a lot of our codebase openly available on GitHub. Our technology stack is diverse but we don’t judge people based on a list of skills and technologies.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer exciting challenges, whilst also providing a flexible, fulfilling environment in which to work, whether it is in Kent or Sofia. We have fortnightly “Project Lounge” days where you have the chance to work on anything extending your knowledge in different business areas or simply collaborate in a project to make a difference to the business.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You take time to understand your business and where it’s heading.
- You are solutions focussed and an excellent problem solver.
- You have a pragmatic approach to software delivery, understanding the pros (and cons) of shipping early and often.
- Experience in microservices architecture and highly scalable distributed web platforms is desirable.
- You like to challenge yourself and others.
- You’re always improving.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You will be learning about and working with cutting-edge tech and solutions.
- You’ll be working with a group of highly skilled, highly motivated people.
- You will be working in a continuous delivery, agile team with dedicated Agile Coaches, Project managers and Testers.
- You will lead and assist in solving challenges and delivering innovative new experiences with internal and external partners.
- You will be part of a multinational, forward thinking, inspiring business.
- You’re going to have a lot of fun!
You will join our progressive web team in providing the best products for our customers while ensuring both the web team and the wider business is a well oiled efficient machine. You’ll have the opportunity to work across a wide variety of product focuses, from airport parking, lounges and travel insurance to some of the biggest theme parks, attractions and theatre shows across the UK.