Artificial intelligence that can help developers choose better Endor Labs DroidGPT open source software has been released in private beta, Devops Digest reports.
Organizations can use the same conversational research style as ChatGPT to evaluate open source software and measure potential risk. And when developers aren’t sure which package to use, they can reach out and ask.
DroidGPT combines ChatGPT’s capabilities with Endor Labs’ proprietary risk data to help users quickly and easily explore open source software (OSS) packages in a conversational manner.
Developers using DroidGPT can log into the OSS Explorer within the Endor Labs platform, ask questions such as “what are the best data logging packages for Java” and get instant answers. All results are overlaid with risk scores revealing the quality, popularity, reliability and security of each package.
Here are other types of questions you can ask
– “What packages in Go have a similar function as log4j?”
– “What packages are similar to go-memdb?”
– “Which Go packages have the least known vulnerabilities?”
What are the main advantages of DroidGPT
– Conversational Interface:Users can ask questions naturally and receive accurate and detailed answers, making the survey process more efficient and enjoyable.
– Data-driven insights: Endor Labs risk assessments offer a comprehensive evaluation of OSS packages, taking into account factors such as quality, popularity and security.
– Informed Decision Making: Integrating DroidGPT’s AI-based answers with real-world risk data empowers developers to make the best decisions when selecting open source software packages.