We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft. In 2020, for the sixed consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 44 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
The role is expected to drive the front-end development of our new cloud application – the BI portal. The work will require close interaction with our UX/UI and design teams as well as with our back end (Java + Spring) development team. Main responsibility will be building the UI components for the Portal and ensure consistent behavior of our services in the context of our Experian One cloud platform.
Does this describe you?
- You are thrilled writing Angular 9+ code.
- You are not afraid to try out new frameworks and concepts in the web development.
- You are happy to study Java 8+ and contribute to the code of the back-end REST API microservices.
- You want to gain experience in Cloud technologies and platforms like AWS.
- You work well in a team because you believe that the more, the merrier.
- You believe Agile and SCRUM are there to help.
- You speak up when you recognise how something could be improved.
If the answer to most of the above is ‘yes’, then we’d like to hear from you.
- Engineering high quality, clean, testable and efficient code
- Performing code reviews and ensure new code is following established coding practices
- Writing unit and automation tests as part of the development process
- Contributing to improving engineering excellence
- Participating in technical design discussions
- Sharing knowledge and inspiring teammates to improve their technical skills
- Be involved in all phases of the software development life cycle including SCRUM rituals
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience in front end development
- Experience with any of Angular 6+, React, Vue.JS and TypeScript
- Working knowledge of JQuery, pure Java Script
- Experience with HTML 5, CSS 3 and responsive web development
- Good knowledge of OOP principles, data structures, algorithms & design patterns
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Experience with continuous integration automation servers and tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, etc.
- Experience with version control systems, e.g. Git
- Experience working with APIs
Any of the following abilities and skills will be considered an advantage:
- Knowledge and experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Java 8+
- Experience with Rest API, Spring Framework, Spring-MVC, Spring-Security
- Experience with Maven/Gradle
- Experience using Node JS
- Experience with automation frameworks (JUnit, Selenium, Cucumber)
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office
In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates.