REWE Group is one of the leading retail and tourism companies in Europe with an annual turnover of more than 60 billion EUR. We employ around 360,000 people at home and abroad. Our major brands include REWE, Penny, Billa, Mercury, BIPA, ITS, DER, Meier’s Weltreisen, Jahn Reisen and Toom Baumarkt.
In our newly created and rapidly growing REWE Digital offices in Sofia, our German offices in Cologne (Headquarters), Ilmenau, and Berlin, we consolidate all of the Group’s strategic online activities. We strive to become the leading provider of online solutions in all relevant markets – and we are writing history along the way!
If you are an innovative developer, who wants to work with cutting-edge technologies, then REWE Digital Bulgaria is the perfect opportunity for you.
We are looking for a motivated and open-minded person for the position:
Senior Java Developer
What you will do:
- Contribute to our Microservice architecture deployed in Google Cloud (GKE).
- Develop and deploy backend services with Spring Boot 2 and Java 11.
- Implement Angular 8/10 and Android frontends.
- Use and enhance our infrastructure based on Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Gradle, Git, etc.
- Participate in code reviews, pair programming, knowledge exchange with your colleagues.
- Learn new things every day.
What we are looking for:
- Understanding of core Java (collections, I/O, concurrency, generics)
- Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring Data, Spring Security)
- Test frameworks – JUnit, Mockito, Spring MVC
- SQL (MySQL or other RDBMS), Hibernate
- Design of REST API-s, OAuth 2.0
- 6+ years experience with some of the above
Any of the following is a plus:
- Angular 2+, Typescript, Jasmine, Karma
- Android (Kotlin), Roboelectric
- Kafka, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Gradle, Docker
- Experience in a cloud environment, preferably GCloud
- Prometheus, Grafana, Alert Manager
- GitHub or Stackoverflow account
- Personal educational budget
- Regular technical training
- Foreign language classes
- International training
- Library (physical books and online materials)
- 25 days paid vacation
- Social package (additional health and life insurance, money for transport, sports and other activities)
- Flexible working time
- Recreation area, table tennis, football, PS, billiard, chess
- Cozy office building next to a park
- Underground Parking places
- Snacks, fruit, and beverages
- Is this the job you are looking for? We look forward to receiving your CV.
*Your application data will be treated with strict confidentiality. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
– Headquarters – Cologne, Germany
– Year founded – 2014
– Company type – Public Company
– Company size – 700+ employees
Apply at: email@example.com