We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft. In 2020, for the sixed consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 44 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Our expertise spans a variety of industries and we provide software to some of the world’s largest finance, telcos and other blue-chip companies. The crown jewel in our software suite is PowerCurve which provides best-in-class decisioning applied across the whole customer life-cycle from customer acquisition to in-life and collections.
As a Software Engineer you will have an opportunity to participate in the development of highly flexible and configurable solution of data pipelines, capturing, transforming and loading data between different layers of our BI solution. Solution is meant to operate in on premise as well as cloud environments, hence using cutting edge technologies as Kafka and OpenShift, variety of RDMS systems (MS SQL Server/Oracle/Postgres), AWS. You will participate in both, front end UI development as well as backend data processing daemons.
- Gathering and assessment of requirements
- Proposing designs and architectures to solve specific problems
- Developing user interface to align BI roadmap and strategy
- Developing frontend clients and products interfaces aligning to internal best practices to support data streaming from source systems & message queues into the BI Datastore Database.
- Responsible for designing and implementing unit tests to validate functionality is implemented correctly
- Participate in investigation of issues and bug fixes
- Following procedures on software development, releasing, code control, quality and security
- Engages with testers and stakeholders to support with all work requirements.
- Works as part of an agile team and communicate progress and regularly present at different levels.
- Have the flexibility to work with different sets of stakeholders – business and technical.
- Onboarding and mentoring team members
- 3+ years programming experience
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts and proven expertise with design patterns and architectures
- Extensive expertise with enterprise systems and applications
- Experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Node, JS, HTML, CSS.
- Experience with any of MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or other RDBMS
- Experience with Linux
- Extensive expertise with GIT
- High motivation for continuous learning, acquiring of new skills and knowledge
- Open communication attitude (i.e. active listening, giving feedback), strong presentation skills and fluency in written and verbal English
- Self-organization, efficiency, good time management and ability to work as part of a distributed Team(s)
- Working experience with SCRUM / Kanban processes
The following abilities and skills will be considered an advantage:
- Knowledge or previous experience with optimization and analytics solutions
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Experience in AWS
- Experience with SOA architecture – SOAP, REST
- Experience with AWS & Continuous Deployment
- Experience with Kafka
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office
In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates.