Our team is looking for a Senior Software Developer passionate about writing clean, understandable, and maintainable code fit for an enterprise environment.
Our product revolves around providing our clients with key insights about their data, a cutting-edge forecast, and optimization of their business. As Software Developers we get to design and create every step of the process from our Data Warehouse, through the complex and challenging but always interesting client data integration, all the way to presenting our work with a stunning UI to our end users. There is room for innovation on every leg of the journey and we make sure that all voices are heard when taking decisions on how to implement something new. There is no endless bouncing from project to project at Transmetrics. Through a continuous integration process, we see our work quickly making a real positive impact on the way customers interact with our software.
We expect you to have:
– Demonstrable experience in and passion about software development;
– Solid understanding the OOP principles and hands-on experience with an OOP language (preferable Java);
– Knowledge of and basic experience with SQL is needed;
– Knowledge of Python is a plus;
– Strong capacity and willingness to learn;
– Passionate about achieving results and making a difference to the company and its customers;
– Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields or demonstrated capability through experience;
– Good command of written and spoken English;
Your main responsibilities:
– Co-develop a rapidly expanding (technically and functionally) product;
– Collaborate with the team on the product architecture;
– Participate in code reviews (giving and receiving);
– Share knowledge and mentor other colleagues;
– Work with an agile methodology (Scrum) and tools (Jira);
Our tech stack:
– Quartz Scheduler
– Pentaho Data Integration
What can we offer:
Work that Matters
You will be building a product that will dramatically optimize the cargo industry – this is our way of “changing the world for the better.”
On top of them, you get 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, an opportunity to work from home when needed and a convenient office location in the center of Sofia.
Be challenged by technically complex problems in the fields of big data, predictive analytics and machine learning.
Learn from a strong international team of 30+ people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
Have fun along the way in a dynamic, creative, and friendly atmosphere without the burden of the office politics.
Advance your skills and develop yourself in a rapidly growing startup, which is already generating solid revenue and has first-class customers.