“No code” development is a new phenomenon in the software development world so it might be confusing for some people as to what exactly is No-code development?
GitHub CEO Chis Wanstrath says “the future of coding is no coding at all,” You might find it contradictory if you have not come across the world of “no code.” but to some extent it is right.
You can create the prototypes without writing a single code with the help of the No-code development. It is not restricted to the prototypes but it enables you to create websites, software, complete business without any programming ability. So, here is everything you need to know about no-code.
No-code means developing the software without coding. It is a great alternative to the traditional software development approaches where you must write various codes to make the new software. No-code aims at the non-technical business users looking to create their application but don’t want to invest in the full development of the software and lacks the necessary money to hire the professional manpower.
N0-CODE vs LOW CODE
These two terms are used interchangeably, but there is a slight difference between them.
In low-code development, you need a bit of knowledge about coding. A low-code platform has the pre-built functionality that allows the users to build the application partly. But it has a limit to it beyond which the services of the professional developer is required to finish the right task. The emphasis is mainly given to “how’ the application behaves.
In No-code development, you don’t need a developer at all. As through drag and drop app builder, you get everything already built up.
How No-code development works
Whenever you are coding with NO-CODE, you are using the code but the only difference is that code is written by someone else that you can use and reuse at scale. The lines of the code stay in the background behind the interface. The No-code builder does not need them. Instead, you will deal with the elements of pre-built using the underlying code.
To build the website and app, all you need to do is drag and drop the elements you need to build the apps and software you desire. Some developers even build the end-end to enterprise applications through No-code development.
- Increased speed in the creation of the No-code: Low-code development is a drag and drop process that allows developers to build effective solutions as quickly as possible.
- Less development cost: The cost of traditional coding is very high, but no-code development is relatively cheaper.
- Productivity growth: Productivity means getting a better return on investment from the input that you have put in. low-code is known for low cost coupled with high reward.
- Great flexibility: Having the flexibility to incorporate the new changes in the no-code apps and websites is great. It is as simple as dragging out one option and replacing it with a new one. Whereas, traditional development software has more rigidity and you can not make changes quickly.
- Understand your requirement: Though you are not required to write multiple codes, you have to identify the elements and business requirements needed to create the product.
- Non-ownership of the source code: You don’t own the source code of the product so it might cost you more.
The real secret lies in choosing the right no-code development projects. Experts recommend no-code development when building a simple mobile application. However, if you need to develop large applications, then go for low-code and traditional software development.