MicroProfile 5.0 enables MicroProfile APIs to be used together with Jakarta EE 9.1 (Jakarta EE namespace). This release was mainly focused on updating dependencies from javax to jakarta, as well as overall stability and usability improvements.
Some of the additional benefits of MicroProfile 5.0 are:
- Richer specification integration
- No vendor lock-in. Interoperability across different MicroProfile implementations provides users the freedom to select one or combine many MicroProfile implementations in a microservices architecture.
- Annotation-based and programmatic APIs
- MicroProfile Starter for MicroProfile project generation
- A command-line interface (CLI) to generate gradle or maven projects.
The release lays the foundation for the rapid innovation of MicroProfile APIs for its 2022 releases.
More information about it you can find here.