We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2019, for the fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 44 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
We are currently looking for Data Engineer to join our Analytics Center of Expertise Sofia.
- Extract, transform and analyse data to create samples necessary to address business needs
- Set up and develop ETL scripts using Scala, PySpark, SQL or others
- RDBMS maintenance, including backups and restores and load balancing
- Communicate across the analytical and consultancy teams within Experian using all communication channels (face to face, email, telephone, etc.) and ensure the quality of deliverables
- University Degree in a quantitative subject as Mathematics, Statistics, Informatics, Economics, Physics or Business
- Interest to extract, transform, and analyse vast data pools and improve on the existing process
- Good knowledge of SQL is a must
- Knowledge in Hadoop
- Experience with GIT or other Version Control System
- Experience with relational databases/OLAP cubes
- Knowledge in Atlassian products (Confluence, Jira and Bitbucket)
- Knowledge in PySpark or Scala will be considered as an advantage
- Good analytical skills, and desire to learn
- Identifying/Solving data issues
- Result oriented/ driven
- Team work mindset and positive attitude
- Previous experience in the banking sector will be considered as an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office
In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates.