Kingston Digital, Inc., the flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a company in memory products and technology solutions, announced it is shipping XS2000, a pocket-sized portable SSD utilizing USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 speeds to deliver next-gen performance in a compact, external on-the-go drive.
XS2000 delivers lightning-fast transfer speeds up to 2,000MB/s1 giving users enhanced productivity with little interruption. XS2000 offers remarkable performance and capacities up to 2TB2 to offload and edit high-res images, 8K videos and large documents in a flash. The drive connects with USB Type-C®3 allowing content creators to easily store and access their files anywhere on a PC or mobile device. At nearly half the size of a typical portable SSD, XS2000 includes a removable ruggedized sleeve and IP55-rating4 to withstand water and dust, making it the perfect companion for on-location adventures whether you go from work to play to passion projects. Keith Schimmenti, SSD Business Manager, Kingston, said:
“XS2000 is purpose-built with the ultimate combination of high performance and high capacity to keep up with the content demands of consumers around the world. Plus the compact size, similar to a key fob, and added durability make this the ideal drive to keep productivity flowing for the everyday content creator to prosumer and corporate professional.”
XS2000 Portable SSD Features and Specifications:
- USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Performance: Industry-leading read/write speeds up to 2,000MB/s1.
- High-speed Capacities: Up to 2TB2 to support high resolution images, 8K videos, and large documents.
- Built for Durability: Tested to be water resistant, dust resistant4 and shockproof with an included rubber sleeve.
- Pocket-sized Portability: Small, lightweight form factor for easy, on-the-go storage.
- Interface: USB 3.2 Gen 2×2
- Speed1: Up to 2,000MB/s read, 2,000MB/s write
- Capacities2: 500GB, 1TB, 2TB
- Dimensions: 69.54 x 32.58 x 13.5mm
- Weight: 28.9g
- Casing Material: Metal + Plastic
- Operating temperature: 0°C~40°C
- Storage temperature: -20°C~85°C
- Warranty/Support5: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
Compatible with: Windows® 10, 8.1, Mac OS (v.10.14.x +), Linux (v. 2.6.x +), Chrome OS™
- Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
- Some of the listed capacity on a flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide.
- USB Type-C® and USB-C® are registered trademarks of USB Implementers Forum.
- IEC/EN 60529 IP55 certified to withstand water flow and limited dust contact. Must be clean and dry before use.
- Limited warranty based on 5 years or “SSD Life Remaining” which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager. A new, unused product will show a wear indicator value of one hundred (100), whereas a product that has reached its endurance limit of program erase cycles will show a wear indicator value of one (1). See Kingston.com/wa for details.