We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2019, for the fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 44 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
We are currently looking for a Senior .NET Developer to join our MS-Targeting Team
As a Senior.NET Developer you will be expected to produce analysis, design and implement well tested solutions to meet business requirements. To maintain existing systems. To provide pre and post-sales technical assistance to product managers, sales executives or account managers. To develop technical skills of junior staff. To allocate tasks within projects or sub-projects.
- Production of accurate, realistic development estimates.
- Programming of complex new systems and amendments to existing ones, producing accurate and easily maintainable code.
- Unit testing and problem resolution using appropriate debugging tools.
- Provision of accurate and understandable in-house documentation.
- Working effectively and constructively with the project team (PM, Development, QA etc.).
- Provision of technical leadership within the project team.
- Effective communication of progress and issues to Team Leader and Development Manager.
- Identification of causes of software problems.
- Initiation and implementation of solutions, including coding and testing as required.
- Use of change control to ensure continuity of “fixes” and enhancements.
- Technical support of systems and products and resolution of queries and problems from product managers or helpdesk.
- Assessment of the level of expertise of the enquirer and formulation of appropriate responses using either technical or non-technical language.
- Maintenance of up to date Development environment. Appropriate versions of software, data and debug tools.
- Sharing technical knowledge/expertise with team colleagues and management.
- Coaching of junior staff.
- Providing leadership and focus to the Software function, to help shape and champion best practice.
- Allocation and supervision of work within a project or sub-project.
- Effective delegation of tasks to allocated junior staff, monitoring progress and assisting as required with problem solving/technical development in order to achieve specific objectives.
- Software development technical expertise – in depth knowledge of development technologies, software languages, system design, system architecture, software methodologies, understanding of new and emerging technologies particularly on the internet.
- Strong background in Microsoft development technologies.
- In depth knowledge of D&AD standards and processes and adherence to those processes.
- Excellent communication skills – both to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Dynamic and positive approach.
- Effective time management, organization and planning skills.
- Innovative thinking during software development to increase efficiency, provide the best solution, reduce development time.
- The ability to design and document complex technical solutions and articulate these to the project team.
- The ability to develop appropriate technical solutions to solve the Business problem.
- The ability to maintain and build relationships with the project sponsors.
- The ability to maintain and foster good relationships with allied teams.
- The ability to work well within the team and contribute to the general collective success of the team.
- The ability to investigate new technologies and communicate their advantages and disadvantages.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office
In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates.