We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft. In 2020, for the sixed consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 44 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
We are currently expanding the Global Software Group (GSG) division based in Sofia and we are looking for a Software Engineer as part of the PowerCurve Advanced Analytics Group.
The PowerCurve platform helps companies make better decisions even when operating in a dynamic business environment. It’s a unified, component-based platform for strategy design and execution, enriched with capabilities for credit risk decisioning.
As part of our Advanced Analytics Group we are developing the Decision Store product – a fast and large-scale business solution that will keep the data for every decision ever made by a process (PowerCurve Originations, PowerCurve Strategy Management, Collections) and model in the platform.
Our development is based on proven industry technologies for Big Data management and processing. The Decision Store serves as main enabler for customers to consume their own outcome data to audit, report, test and improve decisioning. The team is also working on an analytical framework, which provides a quick and easy way of extending the PowerCurve platform with new Experian and third-party Machine Learning capabilities.
• Deliver software that you are proud of:
- On time and meeting quality expectations
- Fully tested – unit and other automated and/or manual end-to-end tests
- Designed and implemented to be easily operated and maintained
• Continuously learn, acquire new skills and bring them back in the team
- Passionately dive into spikes, prototypes and research
- Strive to learn new technologies and establish deep knowledge in those you already know
• Get involved in building a successful agile team
- Follow proven practices – code reviews, peer programming, requirements refinement, TDD, knowledge sharing
- Apply team-oriented working approach and practice open communication
- Involvement and participation in the SCRUM process
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years programming experience in Java
- Knowledge of collections, concurrency, generics, error handling and persistence frameworks
- Good understanding of programming concepts (OOP)
- Knowledge of software design patterns, enterprise integration patterns and software architectures
- Good understandings for processes, related to developing enterprise systems and applications
- Understanding of the concepts of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration
- Self-organization, high learning motivation, good time and task management
- Fluency in English
The following skills will be considered as an advantage:
- Experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Cloudera)
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS & Continuous Deployment
- Experience with DevOps related technologies like virtual machines, Docker Containers, Kubernetes
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Understanding of SaaS, IaaS, cloud delivery tools, processes and best
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office
In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates.