About. Why join us?
Here at KBC Group, we implement an integrated bank-insurance model in our core markets (six European countries). We strive to offer our clients that unique bank-insurance experience. We develop our group with a long term perspective and therefore achieve sustainable and profitable growth. We put our clients’ interests at the heart of what we do and strive to offer them at all times a high quality service and relevant solutions. We take our responsibility towards society and local economies very seriously and aim to reflect that in our everyday activities. We are convinced that our strategy – powered by our culture and with the contribution of our people – helps us earn, keep and grow trust day by day and therefore makes us become the reference in our core markets.
Work with us to make the difference, to be the reference, and to be part of the future!
Stay in Bulgaria and become part of IT teams in Belgium!
What does this vacancy entail?
KBC Securities Services is the entity in KBC Bank that covers the processing of securities. We are talking about a wide range of products like shares, funds, options, etc. We are processing orders coming from clients via a diversity of channels until they are executed on the Markets, manage securities accounts, execute custody processes like dividend payments etc.
This vacancy is situated in the BiiO delivery organization of KBC Securities Services. BiiO stands for Business ICT Integrated Organization and can be considered as the “change” organization of Securities Services. It brings together business and ICT colleagues working on daily support and maintenance of business processes and applications, running feasibility studies and projects.
In our BiiO organization, we work fully SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework). Moreover, innovation in processes and way of working is part of our DNA. So we are quite often involved in new initiatives and/or run pilots on KBC level.
What do we expect from you?
As an Application Engineer you work close together with your direct colleagues in the team as well as with people from system operations, other scrum teams, business departments and our external ICT partners.
In your role you are responsible for:
- translating the needs of the end user into technical implementations;
- working out functional analyses
- making technical designs;
- documenting process flows;
- developing new applications
- supporting our internal clients
- contact with external partners
Your Key Strengths?
Since the related projects are situated on the FDE (Financial Data Enterprise) platform, the following technical background is requested :
- General: Java application with Angular JS front end and heavy backend processing jobs, running on Red Hat 7 servers and on top of an Oracle database
- Jenkins build automation and continuous integration, and with automated regression testing (Junit, DbUnit)
- Main tooling used: IntelliJ, Mapforce, Jira, confluence, SQL tools (SqlDeveloper)
What do we offer you?
- We invest in you with an exceptional range of training and development opportunities and programs.
- We provide additional medical care insurance and pension plan.
- You can benefit from preferential terms for use of products and services with all KBC Group companies in Bulgaria.
- 20 days of annual paid leave is not enough? We offer you 25 days of annual paid leave.
- Multisport card for a discounted price and other discounts in shopping centers.
- Work location is Varna, but you will work within an international team.
- Possible Home Office.
- Flexible working
As Belgium’s largest banking and insurance company, we work every day on ideas and solutions that help our customers and our society move forward. We are driven and have the ambition to be the reference in the financial sector. Help us to make a difference. And the future.
Do you want to make a difference? Let us hear from you! We look forward to your application. #JoinCreateInnovate
Please send a CV in English. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview. Confidentiality is guaranteed and the provided data is subject to special protection in the meaning of the GDPR and Personal Data Protection Act.
Contract Type: Full-time
Level of Experience: 2. Medior/Experienced (2->5 years)
Region: Bulgaria – Varna
Company: KBC Digital Development Center BG