IBM and MuleSoft have officially announced a global relationship. MuleSoft plans to extend its Anypoint Runtime Fabric, container service for multi-cloud and hybrid deployments, to run on Red Hat OpenShift (the industry’s leading enterprise Kubernetes platform). IBM and MuleSoft aim to deliver increased integrations and solutions around the IBM Z product to support financial services and other mutual customers. What is more, IBM plans to significantly expand its overall investment in integration software and industry expertise, such as increasing the number of MuleSoft-certified professionals in its consulting services organization.
The latest State of Salesforce report from IBM and Oxford Economics states that nearly 30% of innovation activities and ecosystem, workforce, and customer engagement will be virtualized by 2023. The transition to digital-first customer and employee experiences has created more data from more systems than ever before. The delivery of these connected digital experiences will require seamless integration of data, potentially across multiple siloed systems.
IBM and MuleSoft plan to make this process easier so that customers will be able to securely connect, compose, and automate business processes and modernize applications at scale:
- In collaboration with Red Hat, MuleSoft will extend Anypoint Runtime Fabric to Red Hat OpenShift as a certified OpenShift application, unlocking increased flexibility for companies to deploy APIs, integrations, and automation across public and private clouds.
- 85 of the world’s top 100 banks run on IBM Z. MuleSoft supports IBM Z Digital Integration Hub, making it easier for joint financial services customers to integrate core business applications and share real-time, industry-relevant information with MuleSoft.
- IBM Z Digital Integration Hub creates flexible, efficient real-time information flow between multiple systems of record on z/OS and cloud environments while also optimizing costs.
- MuleSoft complements IBM Z Digital Integration Hub by allowing customers to securely share current information stored in the Z Digital Integration Hub via reusable APIs and easily integrate it to external applications with clicks, not code. To provide even more options for clients, MuleSoft also provides a CICS connector via the IBM CICS Transaction Gateway.
- Together, IBM and MuleSoft plan to accelerate integration with core systems and faster development of hybrid cloud applications, as well as support for governance, risk, and compliance requirements.
- As a part of the IBM Z and Cloud Modernization Center, a digital front door to a vast array of tools, training, resources, and ecosystem partners, MuleSoft will help joint customers accelerate the modernization of their applications, data, and processes in an open hybrid cloud architecture.
- As part of the commitment to its longstanding Salesforce practice, IBM Consulting is also significantly increasing the number of MuleSoft-certified professionals to support intelligent workflows, automation, and industry-focused use cases that accelerate digital transformation. IBM Consulting, a global Salesforce partner, harnesses the industry expertise of certified Salesforce and MuleSoft practitioners to help companies deliver key business outcomes and scale innovation faster.