Huawei unveils five trends of an intelligent world 10 years’ from now and proposes a foundation built on new types of connectivity, computing, platform, and ecosystem. The news has been announced at the Industrial Digital Transformation Conference – a global live streaming event held by Huawei after Mobile World Congress (MWC) Barcelona 2020 was cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak. These new trends will enable the intelligent development of a wide variety of industries, including urban development, manufacturing, energy, finance, transportation, and so on.
According to Huawei In the future, information flows with new ICT, such as 5G, AI, and IoT, will help us build the foundation from which everything originates. Simply put, the world of 2030 will be intelligent. Standing at the start of a new decade, Huawei believes the intelligent world 2030 will have five features:
- at a governmental level, people-oriented digital governments will be built to adapt to people’s livelihoods better;
- at an economic level, intelligent robots will make up a critical part of a future labor force;
- at a social level, digital technology will help equalize the sharing and proper distribution of education, healthcare, and other public resources, achieving digital equality;
- from a cultural point of view, citizens will be freed from heavy physical labor and tedious repetitive work, and their focus will naturally shift from material value to mental value; and
- from an environmental point of view, the deployment of various digital technologies, we help us monitor and control carbon emissions more effectively and, as a result, help protect the earth.
Ma Yue, Vice President of Huawei Enterprise Business Group, commented: “The next decade will witness rapid development of new ICT. Huawei believes new types of connectivity, computing, platform, and ecosystem will build a solid foundation for the intelligent world of 2030. Ultra-broadband and high-speed networking built using 5G, Wi-Fi 6, and quantum communications will bridge the physical and digital worlds, laying a foundation for the intelligent world.”
Mr. Ma continued: “New computing will offer a full-stack, all-scenario solution that covers bottom-layer chips, all the way to upper-layer algorithms, spanning consumers to business and which constitutes the core of intelligent transformation. The converged, shared, and digital platform features high efficiency and openness, enabling customers to focus on their own unique advantages and service innovation, therefore playing a key role in enabling the digital transformation of industries. Based on enterprise business Strategy, Architecture, Policy, and Operations (SAPO), the new ecosystem that provides a single field of expertise allied to multiple skills and is deeply integrated, can offer a more comprehensive customer-oriented business solutions.”
The intelligent world of 2030 cannot exist without the digital transformation of industries across the spectrum. Huawei has accumulated extensive experience in helping industries such as government, transportation, finance, and electric power achieve digital transformation for the present and the future, through new connectivity, computing, platform, and ecosystem. Currently, more than 700 cities worldwide and 228 of the Fortune Global 500 companies, including 58 of the Fortune Global 100 companies, have selected Huawei as their partner for digital transformation.