Sonatype has introduced new product capabilities as part of the platform, Devops Digest reports.
These enhancements are intended to provide organizations with greater customization capabilities, clearer security context and greater organizational control, enabling development teams and their organizations to deliver innovative software safer, faster and at greater scale.
“By offering deeper intelligence and enhanced functionality, we’re empowering developers and engineering teams to find and fix risk earlier and innovate faster with safer open source.”
said Mitchell Johnson, Chief Product Development Officer at Sonatype.
The new product features that have been added are intended to strengthen Sonatype’s software supply chain management platform. Enhancements include:
– Boosted Security Policy Management: Prioritize and maximize remediation efforts with intelligent policy creation and management in Sonatype Lifecycle, ensuring that the most impactful security vulnerabilities are tackled first.
– Deeper Insights and Benchmarking: Efficiently make decisions with proprietary, data-driven insights using Sonatype Lifecycle enhancements like Migration Scorecards, Nudges and Anomalies, and Stack Divergence.
– Easier Management at Enterprise Scale: Onboard applications, inherit policy and manage open source across a multi-level management hierarchy easily and at scale in Sonatype Lifecycle, and improve build times with a multi-install repository landscape using Sonatype Nexus Repository Pro.
– Enhanced User Experience: Accelerate component selection and automated policy enforcement with streamlined usability in Sonatype Repository Firewall.
– Platform High Availability (HA): Manage mission critical software with increased scalability through Sonatype Lifecycle and Sonatype Nexus Repository Pro.
– Containers for Air-Gapped Environments: Adopt containers in air-gapped networks more easily with the addition of Dockerfiles for disconnected environments.
“The demand for software supply chain management tools continues to skyrocket as cybersecurity threats grow in number and sophistication,”
said Alex Berry, President at Sonatype.
The Sonatype platform also has a new visual identity. The updated platform and product logos reflect the core capabilities of the Sonatype platform and its role in protecting the software supply chain, while also reflecting Sonatype’s mission of connectivity and empowerment.