We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2019, for the fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 44 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
We are currently looking for a Senior Product Owner to join our Global Decision Analytics team.
The Senior Product Owner is the representative of the customer either to groups of Software Engineering teams and/or teams handling requirements of high complexity. S/he is responsible for maximizing the value of the product(s) resulting from engineering work. That is represented in ownership of the Backlog, in both scope and prioritization, and the care for the totality of the product(s), including not only features, but non-functional behaviour, quality, and technical debt. Understanding and managing dependencies and tradeoffs between competing requirements and their stakeholders, in a world of complex dependencies, is key to success in this role. Similarly, building effective relationships with senior management and stakeholders, in different countries, time zones and cultures, is essential, as is a high degree of technical expertise to comprehend the complex nature of our products.
Requirement Gathering and Analysis
- Accountable and responsible for the production of clear, high-quality, specific, and unambiguous, functional and nonfunctional requirements for changes of various complexities, and presenting them for review in accordance with the appropriate Definition of Ready.
- Accountable and responsible for working through requirements in an agile manner, considering for fitness of purpose, adherence to business objectives, and consistency, challenging positively where appropriate.
- Accountable and responsible for the definition of specific and measurable Acceptance Criteria
- Accountable and responsible for the acceptance of those requirements by Software Engineering teams for execution
- Accountable and responsible for collecting feedback and defining requirements from all the involved stakeholders via scheduled and non-scheduled mechanisms
- Accountable and responsible for reviewing and confirming that designed features/functions ultimately meet the specified intent, requirements, business and end-user needs where applicable.
- Accountable and responsible for the assessment of reported defects, non-functional requirements, and other technical debt, triaging severity and prioritizing resolution alongside feature work, to ensure not only that the product always meets established Quality Criteria, but that quality continuously improves.
- Accountable and responsible for the generation of documents and other artifacts describing current and future product features and functions, using approved processes
- Responsible to learn the product(s), hands-on, to ensure proper understanding of context, features and functions
- Responsible to provide direction and guidance in the process of requirement gathering to ensure alignment to the goal of organization
Prioritization and Planning
- Responsible for setting priorities in collaboration with key stakeholders against planned objectives, in consideration of constraints, dependencies and competing interests, and ensuring that the product needs and vision are maintained.
- Responsible for tracking progression over time to ensure client, business, and technical goals are met, supporting sprint planning and similar activities when required
- Responsible for coordinating development and defect resolution across multiple teams, programmes and locations, and identifying dependencies between teams
- Responsible for establishing an agile, iterative and data driven team or group backlog in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Accountable and responsible for ensuring the timely progression of backlog items, including ensuring they are assigned appropriately, and the recorded status, in accordance with GSG’s processes and procedures
- Accountable and responsible for the regular presentation of progress, issues and risks to all stakeholders
Working Practices and Relationships with Software Engineering Teams
- Engaging with Software Engineering teams and related stakeholders as part of an Agile team.
- Ensuring that Software Engineers understand requirements and acceptance criteria
- Working with Software Engineering teams to discover underlying design gaps and/or technical gaps against associated risks e.g. security, performance, usability, etc.
- Advocates Agile practices, to Software Engineering teams and other stakeholders to achieve increasingly Agile working.
Working Practices and Relationships with other
- Has the flexibility to work with different sets of stakeholders, both technical and business
- Works with Product Management, Programme Management, and Delivery to assist with strategic planning and gain early knowledge of future scope and goals
- Contributes actively to the Product Owner practice, including ways to improve processes to increase efficiency and performance, setting and updating standards
- Provide necessary guidance to other Product Owners on best practices as well as product knowledge
- Regularly presents and demonstrates software to a variety of audiences.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, ideally in software product development, using one or more of the primary Agile methodologies (Scrum/KanBan/XP etc).
- Experience working in a leadership position (with or without authority) contributing to the success and growth of team members.
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills.
- Excellent requirements gathering and analysis skills.
- Strong understanding of business processes and translation of them into technical requirements.
- Proven ability to manage complex situations with multiple dependencies and constraints
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders from different countries, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Ability to make informed decisions based on limited (and potentially ambiguous) facts presented
- Hands on approach to ensure successful delivery.
- Fast learner – can quickly get up to speed with vast complex solutions and knows how to acquire knowledge.
- Proven ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience working in a Product role within a Software / Technology context, possessing strong technical expertise and the ability to confidently work with customers and other stakeholders to establish story acceptance criteria.
- Experience of working closely and collaboratively with clients or similar stakeholders to ensure their needs are met, that they receive relevant and timely updates, and managing the product backlog.
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office
In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates.