We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft. In 2020, for the sixed consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,200 people in 44 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
We’re currently looking for a ML Engineer to join the R&D Team, part of our Analytics Center of Expertise, focused on development of WebData Insight, our innovative ML based risk scoring solution.
- Work on new Machine Learning models implementation in collaboration with Data Scientists
- Support product development by creating new features and automating processes
- Build and maintain scalable solutions in production environment
- Onboard new clients and support the integration of the solution on client-side
- Document new services and features
- Investigate complex production issues, recreating problems and utilizing trace files & error diagnostics. Identify root cause and propose solutions
- BSc level degree at a numerical discipline, such as Computer Science, Maths, Statistics, Physics or related discipline
- Working knowledge of Python – preferably both Python’s own syntax but also some of its main analytical packages (such as Pandas, Numpy, Scikit-learn)
- Flexible and adaptable to learn and understand new technologies
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with an enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly
- A keen eye for detail, good at spotting problems and quickly proposing solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (fluency in English)
- Any of the following abilities and skills will be considered an advantage:
- Knowledge and appreciation of agile development methodologies and techniques
- Knowledge in container-based deployment technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, and OpenShift)
- Experience with Apigee for APIs management
- Basic knowledge of statistics and of measures used for evaluating performance of Machine Learning models, such as precision, recall, etc.
- Basic understanding of Data Science concepts such as overfitting, cross-validation, test-vs-train split, etc.
- Exposure to Linux
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & book
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility event
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office
In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates.