We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft. In 2020, for the sixed consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 44 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
Experian® Decision Analytics (DA) integrates predictive data and analytics into valuable business decisions that provide greater insight into decision performance and helps companies keep pace with changing business priorities. By applying expert consulting, analytical tools, software and systems to convert data into valuable business decisions.
Our expertise spans a variety of industries and we provide software to some of the world’s largest finance, telcos and other blue-chip companies. The crown jewel in our software suite is PowerCurve which provides best-in-class decisioning applied across the whole customer life-cycle from customer acquisition to in-life and collections
As a BI Developer you will be responsible for the design, build and implementation of BI Reporting solutions while applying architectural and engineering concepts in order to meet functional and non-functional requirements. Serving as a technical expert, the BI Developer shares knowledge and technical expertise through implementing BI standards, guidelines and best practices and mentoring junior BI developers.
- Work with product teams to identify, profile and validate potential sources of data to meet reporting requirements
- Work with BI development teams to ensure requirements are understood and translated into a development build
- Input into the enterprise understanding of data utilization, i.e. canonical data models, data lineage, data dictionaries, user metric guides, and liaise accordingly with stakeholders
- Develop reports, documents and dashboards as per requirements
- Provide high level estimate of effort and risk regarding the expected deliverables
- Maintain documentation of the work package
- Support delivery effort
- 3+ years of experience in development of reports, documents and dashboards
- Experience with large transactional data volumes, and the types of solutions that support these in data warehousing and reporting contexts
- Exposure to database performance tuning (reports through models to database)
- Strong SQL experience, coupled with strong general scripting skills
- Experience in BI tools Tableau/MicroStrategy/PowerBI/Qlik and Data Modelling
- Appreciation of all aspects of BI – from business requirements down to front end reporting tool set, all the way through to back end databases and source systems
- Ability to define test criteria and scenarios to development teams
- Customer facing consulting experience, i.e. being able to elicit the key drivers and requirements from the client and provide the right solution
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, demonstrable understanding of data
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in multi-cultural and remote team in English
- Experience in Agile development and understanding of continuous integration/ automated testing and deployment processes
- Experience in development of reporting and/or data warehouses as a product
- Ability to explain and discuss complex technical issues with opinionated engineers
- Good team player – working closely with the application developers, product owners and product managers
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office
In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates.