Boulevard “Tsarigradsko shose” 86, 1113 Geo Milev, Sofia, Bulgaria
Department: Product Development
Role Type: Hybrid
Employee Status: Regular
Schedule: Full Time
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making.
We also help people to check their credit report and credit score, and protect against identity theft. In 2019, for the fifth consecutive year, Experian has been named to Forbes Magazine’s Top 100 list of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies.”
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 44 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
At Experian, we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
We are currently looking for a Product Architect to join to join our Experian Data Quality Team.
Experian Data Quality is a global leader in providing data quality software and services to organizations of all sizes. We help our clients to proactively manage the quality of their data through world-class validation, matching, enrichment and profiling capabilities.
The Address Data Quality team drive the direction of and deliver enhancements to our real time and bulk address capture solutions (https://www.edq.com/products/address-verification/). As a member of our team, you’ll play a key part in shaping the future of our address data quality capabilities, react to the ever-changing needs of our users and constantly look for ways to work and deliver more effectively.
Purpose of Role:
As a Software Architect you will be responsible for the development of platforms, frameworks and solutions that underpin EDQ products and services. Working in collaboration with multiple engineering teams, product management, ops and fellow architects, you’ll need to define and implement an aggressive roadmap that drives EDQs product vision on Address Validation and beyond.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the architecture roadmap that underpins the product vision.
- Hands-on in product development by:
- Leading architectural and design activities.
- Designing and developing prototypes to help both engineering and commercial efforts.
- Identifying reusable components candidates and promoting their usage.
- Identifying technical debt and providing advice on reducing it.
- Championing and governing compliance to defined architectures and best practices.
- Be familiar with the architectures for your area of responsibilities – platforms, products and/or services
- Bridging the information gaps on all architectural matters between the CTO, the Chief Technical Architect, other architects and the local product development group.
- Help to ensure that all relevant non-functional requirements have been identified and specified.
- Help to ensure that the documentation of the architecture, design, components and unit-tests is satisfactory.
Short summary of what we are looking for in the candidate:
We’re looking for a seasoned engineer who wants to solve challenges spanning multiple products, teams, technologies, and locations. Even more importantly, you feel comfortable talking about design choices and getting buy-in all the way from junior software engineers up to the CTO. You are receptive of constructive feedback, but also willing to make decisions and provide a way forward when there is no clear direction.
At our Sofia office we believe that programming languages and frameworks are just tools that a good craftsman can pick up very fast. For a taste of what we use, most services are created using .Net, data processing is done using either .Net, Java or Python, with a mix of Elastic, Powershell, Azure and on-prem infrastructure thrown into the mix.
- Around 10 years of experience in a commercial software development environment of which the last 3 years being an Architect/Principal
- Across-the-board knowledge of technologies including operating systems, development languages, communications protocols and databases.
- Experience building high-availability, resilient and performant geographically distributed systems.
- Knowledge of security best practices and processes.
- Proven successful technical leadership of development projects.
- Strong organisation skills – ability to handle a dynamic environment.
- Positive and professional approach at all times.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office