Who We Are
We’re Blankfactor. We help businesses innovate and scale. A spirit of collaboration and reliability drives the work we do. With offices in the United States, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Bulgaria, we embrace and leverage the culture of our workplaces, creating a global mindset and presence.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, implementing, and unit testing products as part of an experienced team. You will create detailed design artifacts like program specifications, test plans, and independently develop and review code and contribute to the go-live plan. Successful candidates are expected to take ownership of development tasks and provide estimates and documentation for the chosen solution. Support will form part of the responsibilities and involves collaborating with internal personnel to help investigate and resolve issues. Our team uses the industry’s best practices while producing high-quality full-stack solutions in a collaborative, agile, results-driven environment to meet our clients’ business needs. You will be part of a work culture where teamwork is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
- Practice: implement designs following industry’s best practices and coding standards; maintain and support mission-critical applications as necessary;
- Analysis & Design: ensure the business requirements and related artifacts effectively model the customer’s requirements; use best practices to create design models from the requirements;
- Review: participate in and lead requirement, design, and code reviews;
- Test & Deployment: work closely with other teams (e.g., QA, configuration management, end users) to release high-quality software: create test requirements and ensure sufficient unit test coverage;
- Quality & Process Advancement: participate in team improvement activities and initiatives to improve process and product quality in pursuit of excellence
- Reporting: complete project documentation on assignments as required (i.e. noting status, risks, progress, and effort);
- Team Development: mentor and assist in training new team members.
Requirements and Technical Skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline and programs and at least 5 years of relevant experience;
- Proficiency in English and good communication and collaboration skills;
- At least 5 years of experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC);
- At least 3 years of experience in Project Development Life Cycle (PDLC) activities on development and/or maintenance projects;
- Strong hands-on experience with Java 8+, Spring/Spring Boot, SQL, Maven, or equivalent;
- Strong concepts & knowledge of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, and design patterns are a must;
- Experience with version control systems, preferably GIT or SVN;
- Analytical skills;
- Willingness to learn new technologies;
- Ability to work in a team in a diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment.
The Ideal Candidate
- Exposure to Microservices, Docker, Unix/Shell Scripting;
- Understands the concepts of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery;
- Holds Agile professional certification.
What we offer
- Wide-ranging and sophisticated projects, with access to excellent professionals, international clients, and the latest technologies;
- Highly competitive salary;
- Space to develop and advance professionally in a fast-developing company;
- Hybrid (in office and remote) work setup;
- Paid official Bulgarian holidays and extra vacation days based on seniority;
- Premium private health insurance coverage;
- Multisport card subscription;
- Dedicated budget for personal development (courses, training, workshops, educational materials, etc.);
- Snacks, drinks, and laid back office environment;
- Access to all future programs we set up for our employees.
We believe that diversity of experience and background contributes to more robust ideas and a stronger team. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. You will be part of a work culture where teamwork is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Please be advised, that only the shortlisted candidates for this role will be contacted!
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org