Join our growing team as a Cloud Data Engineer, and you’ll play a critical role in our approach to managing and handling data!
About the role:
This role will focus on the technical management of the company’s data services. You will design deploy and maintain ETL/ELT logic in a modern cloud-based data estate and be active in database administration and operations in the Global IT application landscape. Your role will be to ensure the integrity, availability, performance, recoverability, and security of our data services in accordance with established policies, procedures, and SLAs.
What you will do:
- Administration of core data services across a variety of Microsoft cloud (Azure) technologies
- Working to resolve tickets as they are escalated to our team. Communicating effectively with both internal and external resources via the helpdesk system, email, voice, and Teams. Operating in accordance with ITSM standards.
- Installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of cloud data systems (IaaS / PaaS) and software.
- Proactive monitoring of the data infrastructure and associated services
- Provide customer support in addition to general duties and contribution to team objectives
- Participate in the projects that change existing services, establish new services or retire services from an operational implementation and support perspective
Skills & Experience needed:
We’ll hire someone who:
- Has a deep understanding of enterprise infrastructure implementation and administration with role experience in data engineering
- Is a Microsoft Azure specialist, very familiar working across Azure Synapse Analytics and Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Pipelines, Azure Data
- Lake, and Azure Analysis Services
Can work easily in Azure SQL Database, Azure Cosmos DB, SentryOne, Solarwinds DPA, or similar SQL monitoring toolsYou’ll need to show familiarity with ITIL service management standards, understanding the approach to change management and SLAs in the ITIL framework. You should be a proactive and collaborative team member, comfortable leading in problem-solving situations, and bringing high levels of integrity to your work. You will need to demonstrate that you are comfortable with writing technical documents, and your verbal and written communication skills in English are strong. Although it’s not an essential requirement, if you’re someone with experience working alongside development teams closely, that will be an asset in this role.
Working at Ascent:
This is a hybrid role, where you can spend time at the office or work from home. This is a company where your development and learning will be taken seriously, and we’ll support your professional development with training and certification, with regular feedback and review.
Ascent is an equal opportunities employer. We take intentional steps to ensure inclusion and belonging are something real here, not just something we talk about. No person will be treated less favorably because of their gender, pregnancy, and maternity status, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, or disability status. If you require any reasonable accommodation, please let us know when you apply.
Apply at: email@example.com