About the role:
We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our Ascent team!
Our frontend stack includes multiple applications using React, Next.js, and Storybook; using data from API services and a WordPress CMS.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop, maintain, and support our digital products in accordance with the business and technology objectives. The role will be hybrid and you can spend time at the office or work from home.
What you will do:
- Work closely with all members of the team to deliver high-quality code that is tested and delivered across the full
Software Development Life Cycle
- Participate in all Agile ceremonies, including planning meetings, stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Ensure all code is tested and code reviewed to the highest standards
- Contribute to processes, documentation, and best practices
You will be adapting quickly to changing environments, concepts, and emerging technologies to assist in the future roadmap of our products and consumer experiences. You need to demonstrate enthusiasm for the craftsmanship and engineering aspects of software development. Also, you should have an active role in mentoring and coaching other developers and assisting with the recruitment of new developers.
Skills & Experience needed:
We’ll hire someone who will:
- Deep understanding of PHP Frameworks (e.g. Symfony, Laravel, etc.)
- RESTful API development and consumption
- Database migration strategies and software development best practices
- Has a deep understanding of Agile Scrum methodologies
We will hire someone who will be caching solutions and demonstrate unit testing with the use of mocks and dependency injection e.g. PHP Unit. We will appreciate it if the candidate will have a good understanding of integrated development environments and debugging and Source Control Management (SCM) e.g. Git. We are looking for someone who has object-oriented and solid principles and common design patterns.
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org