Boulevard “Tsarigradsko shose” 86, 1113 Geo Milev, Sofia, Bulgaria
Department: Product Management
Role Type: Hybrid
Employee Status: Regular
Schedule: Full Time
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments — from buying a home or a car to sending a child to college to growing a business by connecting with new customers — we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence.
We have 20,000 people operating across 44 countries. By investing in our people, technology and innovation, we can help transform businesses, help communities prosper, enable more people to feel included in the financial opportunities that should be available to them, and help people to thrive. We’re looking for inspired employees that want to make an impact.
What you’ll be doing
In this role you will be the proxy for the customer to one or more Software Engineering teams. Through ownership of the Product Backlog (scope and prioritization) and care for the whole of the product(s), (features, non-functional behaviour, quality, and technical debt), you will be responsible for maximizing the value of the product(s) through software engineering work. Building effective relationships with management and stakeholders, in different countries, time zones and cultures, is key to success in this role, as is a high degree of technical expertise to comprehend the complex nature of our products.
Essentially you will be
- Gathering requirements and preparing analysis:
- Learning the product, to ensure proper understanding of context, features and functions
- Producing clear, high-quality, specific, and unambiguous, functional and nonfunctional requirements for changes of various complexities.
- Providing a high-quality detailed analysis with the customer journey in mind, working through requirements in an agile manner, considering for
- fitness of purpose, adherence to business objectives, and consistency, challenging positively where appropriate.
- Defining specific and measurable Acceptance Criteria.
- Collecting feedback and defining requirements from all the involved stakeholders via scheduled and non-scheduled mechanisms.
- Reviewing and confirming that designed features/functions ultimately meet the specified intent, requirements, business and end-user needs where applicable.
- Assessing reported defects, non-functional requirements, and other technical debt, triaging severity and prioritizing resolution alongside feature work, to ensure not only that the product always meets established Quality Criteria, but that quality continuously improves.
- Generating documents and other artifacts describing current and future product features and functions, using approved processes
- Lead design deep-dives, grooming sessions and coordinate with internal cross-functional stakeholders on gathering integration and operational requirements
- Prioritizing and Planning:
- Setting priorities in collaboration with key stakeholders against planned objectives, and supporting sprint planning and other preparatory activities, ensuring that the product needs and vision are maintained.
- Tracking progression over time to ensure client, business, and technical goals are met
- Coordinating development and defect resolution across multiple teams, programmes and locations, and identifying dependencies between teams
- Continuously seeking ways to improve processes to increase efficiency and performance.
- Leading preparation of backlog for PI planning sessions and plan roadmaps
- Promoting working practices and Relationships:
- Working with different sets of stakeholders, both technical and business, from Software Engineering Teams to Project/Programme Management,
- Product Management and Delivery to assist with strategic planning and gain early knowledge of future scope and goals.
- Engaging with Software Engineering teams and related stakeholders as part of an Agile team, ensuring that Software Engineers understand requirements.
- Working with Software Engineering teams to discover underlying design gaps and/or technical gaps against associated risks e.g. security, performance, usability, etc.
- Maintaining a clear view on progress and articulating it to stakeholders, alongside issues and risks
- Confidently facilitating meetings, presenting and demonstrating software at different levels.
- Advocating for Agile practices to achieve increasingly Agile working.
What you’ll bring
- Background in a Product role within a Software / Technology context, possessing strong technical expertise and the ability to confidently work with customers and other stakeholders.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, ideally in software product development, using one or more of the primary Agile methodologies (Scrum/KanBan/XP etc).
- Fast learning skills with ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment, resilience and self-confidence.
- Strong networking, collaboration and influencing skills (role requires a hands-on approach to ensure successful delivery).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (essential to be able to communicate with stakeholders from different countries, cultures, and backgrounds) and strong listening skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of business processes and translate that understanding into technical requirements.
- Proven track record in the domain would be an advantage / industry or academic certifications relevant to the domain, technology, or discipline of
- Product Ownership would be an advantage.
- Fluent levels of verbal and written English.
No one makes sense of data like Experian. We are on a mission to deliver the full power of data, analytics and technology in ways that transform lives. As a team, we’re committed to working together. So, we work in an inclusive environment that welcomes people with lots of different perspectives. We put people first and care about work that works.
What you will get
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office