Who we are:
UST is a global digital transformation solutions provider. For more than 20 years, we have worked side by side with the world’s best companies – from enterprise families to agile start-ups. Headquartered in California, USA, we have a presence in more than 25 countries, with more than 79 offices and 26000+ employees worldwide. We provide large-scale technologic solutions from design to operation through E2E projects, consulting services and our own products.
UST has deep domain expertise in Cybersecurity, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Developer Productivity, Quality engineering, Legacy modernization, Human-centered design, IOT engineering, Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, etc. We implement, customize and co-create strategies through a powerful network of inspiring experts, a web of partners and innovation centres around the globe.
What we look for:
For one of our clients with an office in Sofia, we are searching for a full-time (Remote) Android Developer to join an existing team of an industry-leading American company that offers multi-cloud services for apps, enabling digital innovation with enterprise control. Our client provides cloud infrastructure, software products for data centre modernization, virtualization solutions, disaster recovery, analytics. Separately, it is developing a business line with implementations of more and more Open source, IoT and ML projects.
The new hire will act as a Consultant/Contractor for a team of 8-10 members and will be working on the modernization of a proprietary mobile (complex) product used by thousands of people within the organization. The app gives access control, application management and multi-platform endpoint management (into a single place) and is available as a cloud service or on-premises deployment.
Our client highly respects the personal growth and willingness for constant learning and staying up to date with the latest Android technologies, libraries and frameworks.
- Adding features and enhancing a key product developed for the End User Commuting markets at a global scale
- Participating in all phases of the software development process
- Taking ownership of product quality, user experience and security
Designing, building and testing product features and components, while working with Security and UX teams to ensure that the app is both secure and delightful to use
- Helping the maintenance and improvement of an automated test suite and CI pipeline
- Participating in code and design reviews for building a robust and scalable product that does not require rework
- Playing an active role in debugging and addressing critical product issues
- Spending and having time to continue to get better at your craft
- Working with highly skilled senior engineers and architects who will always be there for guiding or mentoring whenever required
- Being part of strategic and big R&D/Engineering team
- Being part in long-term and multi-year engagement
- Working in an energizing environment and following agile practices
Skills and experience required:
- Strong experience (4 + years) in Android SDK and different versions of Android
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, Material design guidelines, patterns and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning
- Good awareness of cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Knowledge of the open-source Android components and libraries available for common tasks
- High proficiency in object-oriented methodologies, design patterns, data structures, algorithms
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience working in Git, Stash, Jira and other productivity tools
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Will be considered as advantages any of the following:
- Experience in building and debugging network-driven apps
- Knowledge of Exchange ActiveSync
- Familiarity with DevOps operations
- Familiarity with Kotlin
- Work experience in an energizing environment, following agile practices
- 25 days of paid annual leave
- Puzl co-working space
- Healthcare package, incl. Live Insurance (premium packages)
- Allocated budget for benefits – а fantastic option to tailor your benefits on a monthly basis within the allocated budget and to choose what they can be.
- You can choose from food & fuel vouchers, gift vouchers, public transport cards, taxi / SPARK / Hobo scooters vouchers, sports activities, donations
- for different causes and others
- Remote work on projects
- Flexible working conditions, according to the project
- Free access to several training platforms with a comprehensive catalogue of trainings
- Development in our Center of Excellence where you could participate in several projects inside the company
- Rewarding referral program
- International environment with super kind colleagues and friendly management
- Start-up mentality even though we are a large corporation
- Employer with a variety of global CSR activities
- Transparent hiring process, with a short time of response
- Appreciation and encouragement of any idea brought to the table
- Company oriented towards the newest IT technologies and trends
- An environment where the ideas are appreciated
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent for the personal data included in your CV to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.
Apply at: email@example.com