Boulevard “Tsarigradsko shose” 86, 1113 Geo Milev, Sofia, Bulgaria
Department: Product Development
Role Type: Hybrid
Employee Status: Regular
Schedule: Full Time
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments — from buying a home or a car to sending a child to college to growing a business by connecting with new customers — we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence.
We have 20,000 people operating across 44 countries. By investing in our people, technology and innovation, we can help transform businesses, help communities prosper, enable more people to feel included in the financial opportunities that should be available to them, and help people to thrive. We’re looking for inspired employees that want to make an impact.
We are currently looking for a Senior C/C++ Developer to join our Experian Data Quality Team.
The Address Data Quality team drive the direction of, and deliver enhancements to our real time and bulk address capture solutions (https://www.edq.com/products/address-verification/).
What you’ll be doing
As a member of our agile team you’ll play a key part in shaping the future of our address data quality capabilities, react to the ever-changing needs of our users and constantly look for ways to work and deliver more effectively. Additionally, Senior Developers have the opportunity to influence the technical direction of the department.
Essentially you will:
- Support a variety of products and solutions in a range of programming languages – C/C++, C#/.Net, with some Python and Java in the mix, as well.
- Takes ownership of all aspects of delivery to create products that customers love.
- Explore new approaches and develop innovative solutions to customer needs.
- Demonstrate pride in the quality of your work through quality and testability of code, automation improvements and usability.
- Build a good understanding of the team’s products and of user stories on the product backlog to enable effective participation in backlog grooming and sprint planning.
- Contribute to the continued evolution of a self-organising, cross-functional team in which all team members collaboratively deliver the highest priority enhancements.
- Work with other team members to prepare for and deliver feature demos and showcase to internal clients and customers.
- Actively seek to understand customers’ needs through regular direct contact with customers and networking with members of customer-facing parts of the business.
- Actively contribute to a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Take personal responsibility to ensure that you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of our customers
What you will bring:
- Of graduate caliber or equivalent qualifications or experience
- Proven C, C++ programming experience
- A programming enthusiasm and enjoyment of working in a friendly, fast-paced team environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to learn and understand new technologies
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving abilities, coupled with an enquiring mind and the ability to learn quickly
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge and appreciation of agile development methodologies and techniques
- Strong understanding of testing techniques, automated testing and the value of a test-first approach to deliver a high-quality solution that meets client needs
- Exposure to DevOps concepts, practices, and tools
No one makes sense of data like Experian. We are on a mission to deliver the full power of data, analytics and technology in ways that transform lives. As a team, we’re committed to working together. So, we work in an inclusive environment that welcomes people with lots of different perspectives. We put people first and care about work that works.
What you will get
- Personal Development – career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
- Work environment – excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
- Social benefit package – life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Flex allowance, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
- Work-life balance – 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
- Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office